How to hide who you follow on Instagram. Sometimes we don’t want to make events public, especially on a popular platform like Instagram. By switching to a private account, you can hide who you follow on Instagram. We show you step by-step how to hide who you follow on Instagram.
How to Hide Who You Follow on Instagram
However, you may still be unable to completely hide the number of followers. But you have the option of hiding your follower lists.
Follow these steps to get it done:
1. Launch the Instagram app.
2. Then click on your profile in the top right corner of the screen.
3. After that, click the three horizontal lines.
4. Then go to Settings.
5. Select Privacy Settings and Account Privacy.
6. Choose ‘Private Account’ from here.
Anyone who wishes to follow you must ask your permission after you have switched from a public account to a private account.
The decision to let them view your profile to see who you follow is then up to you. How to hide who you follow on Instagram.
How to Hide Instagram Followers
Your follower count will still be visible to others, but there are ways for you to hide it from anyone you don’t wish to engage with.
Decide if you want to completely hide the number of people you follow or the people you follow, or if you just need to prevent a certain user from seeing your list. How to hide who you follow on Instagram.
How to Hide Your Instagram Story
Method 1: Using the Hide Story Feature
- Launch Instagram on your phone or tablet.
- From the bottom-right corner of the screen, tap the icon for your profile.
- Click the hamburger icon or the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- Select Settings, then tap the Privacy tab.
- Tap on Story.
- Finally, choose “Hide Story From” to keep your story private from everyone but the person you want to share it with.
To add them to the list and hide your story, tap the arrow symbol next to the user’s name. How to hide who you follow on Instagram.
Method 2: Using a Close Friends List
- Launch Instagram and click the Profile icon in the bottom-left corner.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines or the Hamburger icon located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select ‘Close Friends’
- Select the ‘Remove all’ option to get rid of any existing lists.
- After removing everyone from the list, you must then add the person you want to see the story. To find the person among your followers, use the search bar at the top.
- Select the story you want to share in your stories area after adding the person to your list of close friends.
Before posting it, choose the Close Friends list from the bottom of the screen. How to hide who you follow on Instagram.
How Do I Secretly Follow Someone on Instagram?
On Instagram, there are a few ways to secretly follow someone.
Can You Hide Your Follower Count on Instagram?
Sadly, the answer is a straightforward No.
People will still be able to view your following count whether you have a personal or commercial account. Making your account “Private” will only prevent people from seeing your profile and posts.
You can hide the users on Instagram that you follow by switching to a private profile. Although you can hide who you follow and who you follow, you cannot hide the number of followers. How to hide who you follow on Instagram.
We believe the above information was useful. Please, kindly share with your family and friends, and leave a comment below.