How to Make Your Phone Impossible to Track
– How to Make Your Phone Impossible to Track –
How to make your phone impossible to track. Cell phone location technology can be useful when looking for the nearest gas station, but it can also allow others to obtain information about your whereabouts, legally or illegally. This article guides you through 4 effective steps that make your phone impossible to track.
How to Make Your Phone Impossible to Track
One method of tracking your location is to use wireless signals to triangulate your position between cell towers. Another method is to use your phone’s GPS radio to pinpoint your location.
A third method approximates your current location by using the Wi-Fi hotspot to which you are connected.
Disabling any of these features can help prevent tracking if you suspect you are being tracked using your cell phone. How to make your phone impossible to track.
1. Turn Off Your Phone’s Cellular and Wi-Fi Radios
Turning on “Airplane Mode” is the simplest way to accomplish this task. This disables both your cell radios and the Wi-Fi radio built into your phone, preventing them from connecting to their respective networks.
How to make your phone impossible to track is quite simple!
2. Turn Off Your GPS Radio
Some phones have this as a separate setting, while others incorporate it into menus such as Privacy or Location Settings.
Turning off location-based features on your phone can prevent your GPS from activating, preventing it from providing your phone’s location.
On some phones, turning on “Airplane Mode” also turns off GPS. For specific instructions, consult your phone’s user manual. How to make your phone impossible to track.
3. Disable Location Reporting
On an iPhone or iPad from Apple: Select Privacy from your phone’s Settings menu. Select Location Services from the drop-down menu.
You’ll notice a slew of apps that make use of location services.
You can disable all of them by moving the slider at the top, or you can disable location services only for specific apps. Is it really necessary for Fruit Ninja to know where you are in the world? Most likely not.
On Android, open the App Drawer, navigate to Settings, then Location, and finally Google Location Settings. You can disable Location Reporting and Location History here.
Location Reporting sends your location data to various apps, whereas Location History saves your location for future use in searches and software such as Google Now.
You can also delete your entire location history by clicking the “Delete Location History” button beneath Location History.
It’s important to remember that many popular apps, such as Google Maps, Foursquare, and others, rely on having access to your location data to function properly.
Turning off location services means losing some of your smartphone’s capabilities.
But if you’re extremely concerned about your privacy, it might be worth it. How to make your phone impossible to track.
4. Completely Turn Off the Phone
This is the simplest way to ensure that your cell phone cannot be tracked, but it comes at the cost of not being able to use your phone at all.
If you need to access any data on your phone, back it up to a PC before turning it off. How to make your phone impossible to track.
Can You Change the GPS Location of Your Phone?
The GPS chip in your phone is designed to be as precise as possible, and when activated, it constantly updates your position by relaying coordinates to your phone’s operating system (OS).
The OS then distributes that information to apps that rely on location data.
To get around this, you’ll need to trick those apps into accepting bogus GPS data. How to make your phone impossible to track.
- How to Unread Messages on Instagram
- Why are My Instagram Stories Blurry?
- How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Post
- How to Find Liked Posts on Instagram
Faking GPS Location on Android Smartphones
Here is a guide to faking a GPS location:
‣ Go to Google’s Play store, then download and install the app named Fake GPS Location–GPS Joystick.
‣ Launch the app and scroll down to the section titled Select an option to get started. Tap the Set Location option.
‣ Tap the Click here to open the map option. This lets you use a map to select the fake location where you want your phone to appear.
The coordinates will appear on the Latitude, Longitude line in GPS Joystick.
‣ Tap Start. You’ll see a Draw Permission Required dialogue box, which prompts you to change a system setting. Tap Go to Settings.
‣ Tap Permit drawing over other apps, then tap to go back.
‣ Tap Start. You’ll see a dialogue box that prompts you to enable a mock location.
‣ In order to enable a mock location, you’ll have to dig into your phone’s settings.
Tap Go to Settings, About, and find the Build Number (alternately, you can just search for the Build Number option from your phone’s Settings menu).
Tap rapidly on Build Number until you see a notification that shows you’re entering Developer Mode. Dismiss any notifications about Developer Mode.
‣ In your phone’s Settings, tap Developer Options, then tap Select mock location app. Tap GPS Joystick. (You can also search for the Select mock location app.)
‣ In GPS Joystick, tap Start. You can open Google Maps or a similar app to see if your location is now updated.
It may take a few moments for your fake location to appear on other people’s phones. How to make your phone impossible to track.
Warning: If you suspect that someone is tracking your phone maliciously or illegally, contact the authorities and report your suspicions.
Please leave your comments and questions in the comment box below. Feel free to share this article with friends and loved ones.