The highlighter feature is a great way to make text in PDFs stands out. However, you may decide to remove them. In this article, we show you how to remove highlights in pdf documents.
How to Remove Highlight in PDF
There are many ways, and platforms to use if you want to remove highlights from your pdf file. We examine these methods in the following paragraphs.
1. Remove Highlight Using Adobe Acrobat
Here’s how you can get rid of the highlights on Adobe Acrobat:
Remove the highlighted text by clicking on it. A blue outline will surround the text.
A little toolbox with three icons will emerge. To erase the highlighted text, select the third icon, the trash can symbol.
You can add change text and/or share the file with peers and collaborators after you’ve deleted your selected highlights.
2. Remove Highlight Using Nitro PDF
Nitro PDF is a fantastic program for viewing and editing PDF files. You may easily unhighlight text in your PDF file with Nitro PDF without making big changes to your documents.
To remove highlights from a Nitro PDF document, follow these steps:
‣ Install and run the Nitro PDF application.
‣ To begin, open the PDF file.
‣ All of the PDF’s highlighted sections are immediately visible. To remove the highlight from any of them, right-click and select erase.
‣ Save the file to your system once it’s finished.
3. Remove Highlight Using Smallpdf
Smallpdf is also a good option to use if you want to eliminate highlights from your PDF files. It’s a web-based application that allows you to easily delete any highlighted text.
Follow these steps to remove the highlights:
‣ Visit the website
‣ Using the “select files” option, you may upload your file. You have the option of using your PC, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
‣ The “Download” button is located in the top right corner. Choose a location for your file and save it there.
- How to Clean a Phone Case
- How to Remove Wall ACNH
- How to Remove Sharpie
- How to Remove Polygel Nails
- How to Remove a Broken Bolt
4. Remove Highlight Using PDFEscape
The PDFEscape is a comprehensive PDF utility that may be used as a PDF reader, converter, and editor.
This allows you to annotate PDF documents and, also remove highlights from the text in a PDF document.
To remove highlights with PDFEscape, follow these steps:
‣ Install and run the program.
‣ Select ‘EDIT’ from the menu bar. After that, select the highlighted text.
‣ A little dialogue box will appear when you click on the highlight.
To remove the spotlight, click the trash symbol.
Can you change the highlight color in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?
Yes, you can change the highlight color in Adobe Pro. First, you must know how to highlight in the first place, so let’s quickly go over the process.
Launch the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. To highlight a section of the text, click and drag the pointer over it. Above your text, a little toolbox will emerge.
When you select the highlighter tool icon, your selected text will be highlighted automatically.
Now, let’s get to it. To change the highlight color follow these steps:
‣ Right-click the highlighted text and select “Properties”.
‣ A window called “Highlight Properties” will appear.
‣ Click the “Appearance” tab at the top of the page.
‣ Then, in the “Color” section, choose a new highlight color.
How Do I Find a Highlighted Text in Adobe Reader?
You can find a highlighted text in Adobe Reader by following these steps:
‣ Click “Comment” and then the “Comment” button in the left vertical toolbar to search for the highlighted text.
‣ When you click it, a new bar appears next to the vertical toolbar with all of the highlighted content.
‣ You can now check any of the items on the list.
How can I redact a document/PDF for free?
You can redact the contents of a Pdf file using Adobe Acrobat DC in the following steps:
‣ Select Redact from the Tools menu.
‣ Draw rectangles over the text or images you want to permanently delete from the PDF with the crosshair.
‣ Select your desired redaction marks if you don’t want a black box.
‣ Apply the changes.
You can also select whether you wish to remove the hidden data and metadata as well in the same pop-up box.
- How to Remove Bookmarks
- How to Increase Brain Power
- How to Manage Time for Study
- How to Wake Someone Up
- How to Change Number on Amazon
How Do I Remove Highlighter Pen Marks From a Paper?
Lemon juice diminishes highlighter to the point where it’s almost undetectable. Half a lemon and squeeze the juice onto a cotton swab.
Watch the color fade as you run the swab over the highlighted words. Lemon juice from a jar seemed to work as well.
Regular water can also be used, but avoid using hot water in the paste. Apply the paste to the highlighter ink with a clean cloth and gently dab over it.
How to Get My Highlighter to Work on My PDF in Adobe?
If your Adobe PDF highlighter isn’t working, you can do the following:
‣ Open your PDF document
‣ Click File
‣ Click Print> Printer = Adobe PDF
‣ Click Print> Save as (Give the document a new file name)
‣ Now, you’ll be able to highlight normally.
You’ll notice that some of the pages are reversed, and you’ll need to rotate them. This should take care of the problem.
To highlight a text on Pdf, from the horizontal toolbox at the top of the PDF editor, select the highlighter tool.
After that, choose the highlighted tool’s desired color.
Then select the text area to highlight by clicking and dragging the cursor over it, then releasing it when you’re done.