Snapchat opens and then closes immediately iPhone. App crashes in mobile devices are usually tied to low memory or other memory issues. Other factors that can be considered culprits would include other rogue apps, faulty updates, as well as lousy software (malware). All these can result in an app getting corrupted, thus becoming unstable, and that could be the reason why Snapchat connectivity issues occur.
Snapchat Opens then Closes Immediately iPhone
Before we go any further, if you have any other problems with your phone, please visit our troubleshooting page, as we have already solved hundreds of problems reported by our readers.
We may have already provided a solution to the problem you are currently experiencing, so look for issues that are similar to yours on that page and feel free to use the solutions we suggested.
If they don’t work or you need more help, fill out our iPhone issues questionnaire and hit submit to get in touch with us.
First Solution: Clear Snapchat then Restart
One of the main reasons why an app would crash or stop working is data corruption. A certain data segment from within the app’s memory like cache or temporary data might have been corrupted and eventually, it has affected the app’s functions.
Clearing the errant app will probably fix such issues, especially minor ones. That said, follow these steps to clear the Snapchat app and/or other background apps and then relaunch Snapchat:
‣ Press the Home button twice quickly. It’s the same as when you double-click a program icon on the computer.
‣ On the next screen, you should see a list of recently used apps.
‣ Locate Snapchat from the list and then swipe up on the app to clear it.
If there are any other apps running in the background, then clear them all as well so none of them would cause conflict with Snapchat. Just follow the same steps mentioned above. Snapchat opens then closes immediately iPhone.
- What Does NFS Mean on Snapchat?
- What Does ISTG Mean on Snapchat?
- If I Delete Snapchat App What Happens?
Second Solution: Restart Your iPhone 8 (soft reset)
A device restart or soft reset is frequently the first recommended solution to minor glitches and software errors that occur at random on various smartphones, including your iPhone 8. Snapchat opens then closes immediately iPhone.
It works by removing any software errors that are causing a specific app or the device itself to malfunction or stop working. This has no effect on data stored in the internal memory. And here’s how you do it:
‣ Press and hold the Power or side button for a few seconds.
‣ When you see the Slide to Power Off menu, release the Power button.
‣ Then drag the slider to the right. This will trigger your iPhone to shut down.
‣ After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power/Side button again and then release it when the Apple logo appears.
Basically, it is just turning your iPhone off for about 30 seconds and then turning it back on. This can also help clear the internal memory of your device for smoother and better performance. Snapchat opens then closes immediately iPhone.
A force restart would be an alternative solution in case your iPhone 8 freezes as Snapchat crashes. It works the same as a soft reset does but is carried out using hardware keys. And like a soft reset, a force restart does not affect your iPhone data too. Here’s how to force restart your iPhone 8:
‣ Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
‣ Then press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
‣ Finally, press and hold the Side/Power button until the Apple logo appears.
Wait until your iPhone has finished restarting and then boots up to the Home screen. By then, try to launch the app again and see if it is already working properly and no longer crashing.
If the Snapchat connectivity issues still continue, then move on to the next solution. Snapchat opens then closes immediately iPhone.
Please leave your comments and questions in the comment box below. Feel free to share this article with friends and loved ones.